Sunday, August 9, 2009

Zucchini Bread


Despite all our efforts, we still had a GIANT zucchini left and wanted to use it before we left. I had wanted to bake all weekend (I love baking!) so I wanted to make a zucchini bread. I remembered this zucchini bread recipe from one of the cooking blogs I like. It looked like it would make a nice moist bread... yum!

We had 3 disposable loaf pans, so we decided to triple the recipe so there would be enough for everyone to take home with them. This meant we needed 3 cups of grated zucchini, but this giant monster zucchini we had gave us 4 cups, so we just put it all in for some extra zucchini flavor. The oil and yogurt also made it very moist. My mom helped me by cutting the zucchini to fit in the food processor and helping me measure it out. Haley also helped by mixing, handing me stuff, and being my official photographer again. I am glad she likes to help and she takes a LOT of pictures - I wish I could use them all!

One of my favorite things about the recipe was that it included whole wheat flour - yay! But it still called for a lot of all-purpose flour. If I try making this again, I would probably substitute white whole wheat flour for most or all of the flour.

We mixed the wet ingredients (and sugar) together, and the dry ingredients together, and then combined them to make the batter. We added walnuts (the recipe suggested them) and that added a nice textural difference. I like how you can see the flecks of green from the zucchini throughout the bread and on the top too.

My only regret is that I forgot to bring some for lunch today! I would love to try making these as muffins, since we all know how much I love muffins...

3 comments:

  1. If you make this you should refrigerate it. I didn't think of that and it started to taste very strange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear monica,

    tomorrow is the day. hundreds of pictures will be taken as we make delishh food. are you ready for this?

    ReplyDelete