Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shredded Green Beans


I bought a bunch of nice looking green beans over the weekend just because I like them and they looked nice. At the time, I had nothing in mind for them, but while flipping through my cookbooks I found a recipe in Super Natural Cooking for Shredded Green beans. Basically, you cut the green beans into little circles, which is kind of an unusual way of cutting them. You add lemon zest and lime zest, and chives.

It was fun putting the green beans through the food processor. They mostly cut into little circles as intended, with some longer strips as well. I actually liked that there were some different shapes in there because it gave it some visual texture.

I thought this would be really good, but it wasn't. I may have zested too much and gotten some bitter rind in there, but it was really unflavorful too, and just not very good. It looked nice, but that's about it. If I ever want to make this again, I would have to change it significantly and maybe use some garlic and olive oil, or lemon juice, or some other flavor because it really was not good the way the recipe was.

This is the first recipe I have tried from Super Natural Cooking, which is by the author of 101 Cookbooks, one of my favorite websites. So I was kind of disappointed to find that it wasn't very good, but I will try some other recipes and hopefully they will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment