Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Panini


This is one I made up all by myself. I don't like to eat the same things over and over and over, but cooking for only two people I often have a lot of stuff left over. From the Red Pesto Ravioli ingredients, I got two more dishes of that, plus I still have some oven roasted tomatoes, sun dried tomato pesto (dry and chunky, not like a sauce), spinach, and goat cheese. I wanted to use some of these things, plus I wanted to find ways to use my freshly baked bread, and from this my panini was born.

Ingredients:
20 tiny oven roasted tomatoes
1 Tbsp goat cheese
1 Tbsp sun dried tomato pesto
6 spinach leaves
2 slices whole wheat bread

Directions:
1. Spread the goat cheese on one slice of bread and the sun dried tomato pesto on the other slice.
2. Layer the oven roasted tomatoes over the goat cheese, and the spinach leaves on top of that.
3. Put the other slice of bread on top and pop it in the panini grill until warmed through.

Yum yum yum! I would definitely make this again... maybe even later today!

2 comments: