Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Roasted Chicken with Potatoes


Toward the end of April, I was trying to use up some of the biggest things in my freezer.  I had a whole chicken in there and decided it would be a good weekend project to figure out how to roast a whole chicken.  I turned to Mark Bittman (via How to Cook Everything) and I found not only several flavor options for roasting a chicken, but also how to add potatoes or roasted vegetables, and how to carve said roasted chicken.

Of course, I didn't actually touch this chicken at any point (what are boyfriends for?) but I did everything else.  I used rosemary from my new potted herb plants out on our balcony and I think it worked really well with the potatoes.

I certainly have no intention of regularly roasting chickens, but it's nice to know it's super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment