Saturday, April 24, 2010

Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Cannellini Beans

As you may remember from my stuffed red pepper post, I do not like beans.  I WANT to like beans.  So I am always looking for bean recipes in the hopes that one day I will develop a taste for beans. 

I found something I just had to try on askgeorgie.com.  (In addition to extremely healthy dietitian-created recipes, she posts answers to nutrition questions - you can send in a question and she will answer it.)  Going through her recipe archive I found a recipe for Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Cannellini Beans.  I love crunchy salty snacks, so I had to try it.

Wow!  I was so surprised at what happened here.  They came out really well.  They are delicious! 

I followed the directions.  After 40 minutes of roasting they were pretty good.  But some of the bigger ones were not crunchy.


I put them back in the oven for another ten minutes or so, and when they came out they were a darker color and much crunchier.


I was standing next to the stove waiting for them to cool down and then I just ate them all.



I will definitely be making these again.  Especially if you are going to use the oven anyway, it is a great low-effort snack.  I would love to experiment with other types of beans and flavors.  Maybe some southwestern-flavored beans?

No comments:

Post a Comment