Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creamy Wild Rice Soup with Sweet Potato Croutons


I made this Creamy Wild Rice Soup with Sweet Potato Croutons from Super Natural Cooking for dinner a few nights ago and I made a few changes. First, I wanted some heat, so I doubled the Thai red curry paste, then ended up adding about 1/2 tsp of a red curry powder near the end to bring it up to where I wanted it. I used about 1/2 the amount of turmeric.

Second, I started with frozen cooked wild rice, about 2 1/2 cups. I sauteed the onion mixture for several minutes longer than intended since it wouldn't be simmering for 40+ minutes. Then, when you're supposed to add the dry rice and the water to cook it in, I just put in the cooked rice with about 1/2 cup of water and let it go for a few minutes to absorb the flavors. I followed the rest of the recipe as written except for using a little more than 1 cup of water near the end (about 1 1/2 cups). This worked out perfectly for me - the soup was delicious and it was done in much less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment