Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spaghetti with Shrimp, Zucchini and Corn

While we had no corn or zucchini from our CSA this week, I had some anyway in my magic refrigerator (magic because I go away for the weekend and food miraculously appears while I'm gone) and something (anything!) needed to be used.  Ken and I discussed and somehow this dinner evolved from that.  At first I thought it was boring - not worth writing about at all, but later I decided it could be improved upon.  (This explains the lack of pictures - I didn't even think about posting about this!)

So we started out with a piece of a ginormous zucchini and three ears of corn.  The original idea was a piece of fish on a bed of corn and zucchini sauteed in olive oil.  Then I decided I wanted some pasta, and then I decided that shrimp would go better with pasta than tilapia or salmon.  At some point garlic was discussed (and much was used) and in the end it came out nice.  One of the crucial elements was vegetables that were cooked but still crunchy.  Very necessary.  Next time, I'd like to try a shape pasta (that was my original idea, but the chef seems to think "pasta" means "spaghetti only.")  I also think some fresh herbs would be a very pleasant addition.  One final note - we cooked the corn before adding it in, but made sure not to cook it too much - it was still pretty crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment