Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Figgy Buckwheat Scone Failure #2


Since I already had the fig butter made from the last attempt, I decided to give the Figgy Buckwheat Scones another shot.  This time, I used the heavy cream as directed, generously floured everything, and was able to roll it up and slice it.

Although I refrigerated the rolled-up dough for 30 minutes as directed, it wasn't cold enough and the scones pretty much melted into blobs in the oven.  Next time, I'll chill the dough much longer.  They were delicious, though.

2 comments:

  1. In my book, if something is delicious it is not a failure. Who cares what it looks like?! Don't you remember my crappy looking poptarts that tasted fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these still look like Yum...Your pix are womderful... but I can not find the time to try any of these myself. Hoping that someday I will. However, I am sure I could not duplicate these or match your photography. - I am hoping in the fall or winter I can find the time.

    ReplyDelete