Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CSA 2011: Week 8

Over the long 4th of July weekend, I used broccoli and giant zucchini for grilled pizza and an omelet bar.  I used more zucchini in these awesome grill packets from SELF magazine.  I made a chopped miso salad with one of the heads of cabbage we got.

This week, we got a lot of a few things.  Like too much lettuce.




I was thrilled to see lacinato kale (also known as dinosaur kale or cavolo nero) which is one of my favorite types of kale because it holds up so well when cooked.  I snagged two bunches of it and I'm looking forward to putting it into a vegetable soup.

This week we faced the same choice group as last week: cabbage, scallions, basil, and beets.  My mom had said she wanted a bunch of beets, so I got one of those, plus a bunch of scallions and two cabbages.  In hindsight, I probably should have taken two bunches of scallions - but my thought process at the time was simply that the cabbage would last longer.  I still have one left from last week.

We've already eaten one of the zucchini, grilled with some chicken sausages for dinner.  Can't wait to see what else I can do this week.  Once my summer class is over, I'll have two extra nights to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment