Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Buckwheat and Amaranth Muffins


Not too long ago I posted about Steel Cut Oatmeal and Blueberry Muffins that I made after I saw the extremely exciting MUFFIN feature in the Recipes for Health section of the NY Times.  These Buckwheat and Amaranth Muffins are another recipe from that series that I had been just dying to try.  You can't see them in the picture, but these muffins have big blackberry-bombs in them.  In fact, 3 or 4 of the muffins had a big chunk fall out the bottom because the blackberry was a bit too close to the edge.  Next time I'll put a small scoop of batter in each cup before I even mix in the blackberries.  And yes, there will be a next time, because these were delicious.

1 comment:

  1. these sound awesome! I bookmarked the Steel Cut Oatmeal and Blueberry Muffins a while ago, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet- I usually snack on the blueberries till there are none left to make muffins with! I also really want to try Heidi's millet muffins. So many muffins, so little time!

    ReplyDelete