Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cherry Tomato Bruschetta


One of my favorite things to make with tomatoes is bruschetta.  I don't really follow a recipe - I take a bowl, and I chop some tomatoes.  Then I press some garlic into it - one or two cloves, depending on how much tomato.  I do a moderate splash of olive oil, and a slightly smaller splash of balsamic, and then some salt and pepper.  I chop up a handful of basil leaves and mix it all together.  I am obsessed with those Panetini chip things for bruschetta - I love the Garlic and Parmesan flavor.  I could eat a whole bowl of this for lunch.

We've gotten some gorgeous little cherry tomatoes recently - heirloom varieties I get to pick myself.  Since we don't get many of these tomatoes, I like to do something that really puts the spotlight on them.  The variety of colors and sizes makes such a pretty bruschetta.  This is a simple appetizer or snack that can be made ahead of time and is pretty enough to share with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment