Thursday, June 21, 2012

CSA 2012: Weeks 4 & 5

Weeks 4 and 5 went by pretty quickly.  I didn't have time to post week 4 before week 5 had also passed!

Week 4:


PYO herbs only.  Strawberries might be done for the season.


Beets and chard... since the beet greens are similar to chard, it's like a 2 for 1.  Mom gets beets and I get greens.






Zucchini yay!





6 pieces of broccoli is always so exciting to me - broccoli is my favorite!  I'm lucky my mom shares with me!




Arugula - super tasty.  (I got to take this too.)



And finally... 8 heads of lettuce... surprise!  I guess that hailstorm a few weeks ago wasn't too bad after all - the lettuce never stops.



Week 5:

Mom forgot to snap a photo of the board, which she says was just herbs this week, and the zucchini (4 pieces).


Soooo sick of lettuce... 8 more heads!


Choice group 1:  Kale, collards, radicchio, dandelion.  We got (I think) 3 bunches of kale and one of collards - mom kept one bunch of the kale.


Choice group 2: Chinese cabbage, Swiss chard, beets, and scallions.  We got one of each and I brought home a bunch of scallions, one bunch of Swiss chard, and the greens from the beets.

Week 6 and 7 are going to be particularly exciting, because I get to go pick up my own share! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment