Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tomato Soup with Cumin and Figs


Sometimes things from recipes stick in my mind.  Little things.  This Tomato Soup with Cumin and Figs from Moro East, a book I haven't looked at in a while, calls for six fresh figs.  I remember this and when I am reminded of it, like when I saw the figs at Nonna's last week, I think of the recipe.  There were three fresh figs that day.  "I need six figs," I told her, "when they are ready."  And a few days later there were twice that many waiting for me.  I knew I needed to make this soup.

It's delicious.  It's sweet, and I taste the fresh tomatoes.  I think it would be reasonable to make a less-fresh version in the winter with canned tomatoes and only the dried figs.  Fortunately, though, I saved a bit for the winter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment