Wednesday, September 7, 2011

CSA 2011: Week 17

It was a super rainy day at the farm!

This week's PYO was done in the POURING rain!!!  We skipped all flowers - not worth it.  We worked and worked, and I came out pretty soaked, but we got some tasty food!  Tomatillos, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, sauce tomatoes, hot peppers, and edamame.


The farm stand wasn't too full this week.  I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves this time - I'm sooo tired!




 Somebody got in the way here! We got 4 zucchini, all the regular green type. 

 We opted for 2 bunches of collards and no basil - guess who took these home? (me)

 We got 4 beautiful bright orange peppers!



In the past week, I made Tomato Soup with Cumin and Figs using plum tomatoes, slicing tomatoes, onion, garlic, and yellow bell pepper from the CSA, plus fresh figs from Nonna.  Down the shore, we made a Spelt Focaccia topped with heirloom tomatoes and some guacamole (used a tomato and a serrano pepper).  We attempted some stuffed tomatoes, but since the recipe was unclear about whether the rice should be pre-cooked or left raw, they were kind of a flop.  And to use up some old green beans, egpplant, and some kind of red pepper, I made a Thai red curry, for which I also used an onion and a tiny hot pepper from the CSA.  Oh, and we ate a TON of watermelon!

Things are getting busy around here, but hopefully I can keep cooking.  It's all about priorities... something I'm thinking a lot about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment