Saturday, February 19, 2011

Avocado Tahini Dip


Today's post is about the Avocado Tahini Dip I made last weekend from Moro East, the January/February featured cookbook on the 101 Cookbooks Library.

This dip is made with avocado, tahini, and lemon juice.  It is essentially a cross between guacamole and hummus.  It was OK, I guess.  I will stick with hummus in the future.  That being said, I am not the biggest avocado devotee (though I do love guac) so if you are, you may be more interested in this recipe/concept.  I tried to use cilantro in place of the mint, which I am sure was one of the shortcomings.

February is almost over and I have made very few recipes from Moro East.  I have a long to-try list that I'll have to go through and see if I can fit in a few more things before the book goes back to the shelf for a while.  I intend to revisit it again in the summer when more of the required produce is in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment