Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CSA 2011: Week 25

This week, my friend came with me to the farm so I could show her around and see how things are done.  She'll be picking up my next share (if there is one) while I am on a fabulous vacation.  It's funny because I'll only be here for a few days this week, but I still ended up taking home most of the produce.  She had a bit more self-control, taking only what she thought she would use.  I felt the need to snatch up whatever she wasn't taking.  I probably should learn not to do this...

No PYO this week!  My friend did take a bit of mint.  There are a few herbs left which are unlimited picking.


Broccoli is my favorite.  I took this home.  (on purpose!)


I took 6 tiny hot peppers.


I got 2 Chinese/napa cabbage - Small ones, because I don't need a lot this week.


My friend took 3 heads of red lettuce.  She didn't want the 4th so I found a tiny green one.


I took about 1/2 pound of the lettuce mix and I believe my friend took about the same.  Maybe I should have taken a bit more...


We each took a bunch of carrots.


My friend took one tomato and I took three.

And that's a wrap!  I think next week will probably be the last week of the season, and I doubt we'll participate in the "pig out" where you go into the fields and harvest whatever you want, donating a portion of it.  So, it's been another great year and we've eaten a lot of tasty food.  I have a lot of interesting things in the freezer for the winter and a long list of things to do with them.  I think I've gotten better at the freezing and canning thing, though I've still got a ways to go.  Next year I'll be even more prepared.  I'm looking forward to the winter break, but will be happy when spring comes and the CSA starts up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment