Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No-Bake Cheesecake


When I came across this cheesecake recipe, I immediately thought of the peach rum sauce I canned several weeks ago.  Although the recipe says to top the cake with blueberries, I covered it with my peach rum sauce instead, and it was delicious!  I made it for a picnic, and although it doesn't look quite that good, it does taste delicious.

I adjusted the original recipe slightly by adding 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the cheesecake mixture.  Although this didn't make it really sweet, I found that it took away the savory/cheesy flavor and made it feel more like a dessert.  The peach rum sauce contributed the extra sweetness it needed (although berries would be fine too) - if you're thinking of using something similar, I used about 8 ounces of the sauce.  The crust is the one thing I might adjust next time - I thought it needed just a bit more butter to help hold it together better and not fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment